Wednesday, October 29, 2008

House Remodel Day 5

We have accomplished a lot in the past 5 days. I say "we" meaning mostly Drew & Karol with my help most mornings & Craig's when he can get away from work. I am on official Kid Duty so I can't be there that often, but it is coming along really well. Not as fast as Drew or I would like, but I don't think we can get warp speed going. This is my superfabulous yellow kitchen. I think it looks awesome with the cabinets & the tile we will be putting in. Drew & I are in discussion for how far into the house the yellow is going to go. This actually doesn't show the yellow right in the picture, but so far, it is the only color that actually looks like I expected it to!
Mackenzie's future room with all of the stuff from the moldy bathroom in it.
Mackenzie was dying to paint, so I let her paint the lower half of her closet. She thought it was awesome fun.
She is like the energizer worker, she keeps going and going. She has pulled tons of staples out of the floors, painted, wiped off tile & put it in the sun to dry & is always asking how she can help. I hope this helpful attitude continues!
This is the bathroom I refer to as the Formerly Moldy Bathroom. Super-Floor Man came and fixed it yesterday. He has super powers to take it from the freaky scary black mold it had to looking like this. I have great respect for Super-Floor Man. Plus Super-Floor Man charged us $750 to replace the floor which was way better than the $2000 we thought it might cost.
We had the carpets cleaned on the stairs and downstairs to make sure we weren't going to have to replace it. It looks like it cleaned up just fine & we got rid of the pet odor.

Drew taking a break from cutting the backer board for the tile & chatting with Karol while they discuss just how much yellow should be allowed in the house.
A quick peek at some of the lovely furniture arrangements we have going on. Everyone keeps their stove in the middle of the floor next to the kitchen island in the living room, right?














No comments: