Saturday, October 25, 2008

Demolition Day One

Today was day one of demolition. Nikki- I totally get KMN today!!!!! We painted all the basement ceilings white. Painted 2 closets white. Primed & painted the ceiling & walls of the playroom, painted the exercise room, ripped up all the carpet in the upstairs bedrooms & living room, pulled up the linoleum in the kitchen & one of the bathrooms (where we got a very NASTY surprise as you can see in one of the pics below) got the wood in the house so it can start to acclimate, took out the island in the kitchen. The sad part is, this is just the beginning!!!! But it will all be worth it, right??????


Um, yeah. EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW! Black mold under the linoleum in the bathroom. We have to take out the whole subfloor & possibly the tub. Not a total surprise, but much worse than we were hoping for.











Mackenzie our hard worker pulling up staples in the floor. She is always willing to pitch in & lend a hand!





















Yes Nikki. I did paint. I painted ALOT! But only one ceiling, because they totally sucked. This red wall behind me & ceiling above me are what we had to prime & paint white in the playroom. The 2 side walls we painted a purple color (Karol says it looks like chocolate, but it is a mauvish color) We painted it purple because Mackenzie wanted a purple room but it clashes with all her stuff so we put purple in the playroom for her.







2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am soooo jealous. It looks like a lot of fun. Think of me while you are painting. I especially love the black mold. That's hot. It will be totally worth it in the end. Keep up the good, hard work.

Heather said...

I don't think I've ever seen you painting or doing anything like that before...it will all be worth it! You know I'm coming out to invade your home once you have it all pretty. :)