Saturday, March 21, 2009

San Diego Zoo

So. Two days before my birthday there is a card at my spot when I go to sit down for breakfast. I say "What's this?" Drew says "an early birthday present." I open the card & it says pack your bags for a long weekend-where we are going is a surprise! Wow. Did NOT see that coming. So he surprised me with a trip to San Diego. We had a great time & the kids had a great time with Grandma & Grandpa Smedley. Here are some highlights from our trip to the zoo. Mostly just the animals that I haven't seen before. You gotta love the one of Drew here!
An Okapi- half zebra & half something that I forgot.


The apes were cool. 4 of them were out where we could see them.

An elephant doing tricks for treats.

Love the giraffes.

I've never seen a koala up close & this one the lady brought out & showed him around & he was pretty close to where we were standing. I love koala bears!





I was so excited for the panda exhibit & then they only had 1 panda out because the panda exhibit is under construction. So we got to see this panda, but the crabby lady in charge chased us along really quickly because there was a line. But this was my first time seeing a live panda.



A polar bear.

Here I am trying not to be freaked out on the tram. Being terrified of heights this was hard to do.

The view from the tram. We wanted to do the bus ride, but it was always crowded.

A shot to try to show you how high up this tram actually was.

This elephant is at the entrance of the zoo. I liked it. Maybe I can get Drew to put one in the front yard for me....

No comments: