Sunday, April 12, 2009

The Easter Bunny Strikes Again!

These are the Easter dresses that I made for Kennedy & Mackenzie this year. I felt like making them instead of buying them this time. They turned out pretty cute, if I do say so myself. We ate dinner with Craig & Karol, Mindy, Mike & their kids. This is Kennedy with Hyrum. He just gets cuter & cuter!
Mackenzie & Hannah are such good buds, they run off & play as soon as we walk in the door! I love it when cousins get to play together.

Mindy, Karol & I made Easter Eggs for everyone this year. I was in charge of the fudge ones. It's good to know ahead of time to use cook & serve pudding & not instant. It's amazing the difference this can make as we found out to our chagrin! The first batch looked like oily poo. NOT yummy. 2nd batch, oh so yummy!

The Easter bunny did not wipe his feet before bringing in our Easter baskets & the girls were so shocked to see that he had been messing around with their chalk!

In fact they went running out the back door to see if they could find tracks leaving the house. Mackenzie thinks she found some.

He even left paw-prints on our Easter eggs that he hid!!!

Katie with her Easter basket. She got the movies "What happens in Vegas" & 13 going on 30, plus some socks & candy.

Kennedy got a video about how to be a pop star with Demi Lovato, a Camp Rock calendar & Camp Rock book plus way too much candy.

Mackenzie's basket had a Roxy Hunter movie, Hannah Montana the concert movie, Madagascar stickers with googly eyes & tons of candy.

At Drew's work they had a easter egg hunt for the kids. The residents filled 500 plastic eggs with goodies & the grandkids & greatgrandkids were invited. It was a madhouse. All the eggs were found in about 15 minutes. If we couldn't hunt for eggs at Great Grandma Behrends house this year, at least we got to do egg hunting somewhere!

I warn Katie all the time what will happen if you don't cooperate when I pull out the camera. You make a face-it goes on the blog. One of these times she will learn......

I made Mackenzie another sundress just because I loved the material so much. I love the yellow polka dots. I am going to have her wear it when it rains to brighten up the house.

Hannah came to the Easter egg hunt too. She & Mackenzie had a great time running around like wild things entertaining the residents.



We got to see the Easter bunny at the mall this year & check this out---------I did not have to pay to take a picture with my own camera. I was shocked (in a good way) Her & the bunny looked good.



Our Easter eggs this year. Katie wrote Twilight on all of hers. Mackenzie made all of hers yellow. And Kennedy tried out the red that ended up speckly for some reason.

1 comment:

STMConsulting said...

CUTE! How fun! You are the cutest... paw prints huh... didn't think of that! SO fun... missed you when you did chocolate eggs! Love Stacie