Wednesday, December 17, 2008

An Official Teenager

Katie is now an official teenager. Yikes. I don't know what to say except, YIKES! For her birthday she has been wanting to get highlights. Since Drew & I could not think of anything better to get her, we decided to get her highlights. So I totally surprised her by saying "GET IN THE CAR NOW" then we drove to Provo to a cosmetology school. However, she surprised me by wanting PURPLE highlights instead of blonde. Many people have shook their heads in shock over my decision to let her do purple (Drew being one of them) but if this is her big teenage rebellion thing, then who cares, it's purple stripes. No biggie. Plus she loves them & they are something that someday she will look at pictures of and say WHAT WAS I THINKING. So it's all good.



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Purple huh? So do you have internet now, or did you got to the in-laws? Miss you guys.

Emily and the kids.

Behrend Family said...

I LOVE her purple highlights! I think they look great with her natural hair color!!! So happy birthday and great choice of color for your highlights!!